Family Wellbeing – Social Work
Te Korowai Trust, based in Whakatū (Nelson), provides a registered and experienced social worker to work with whānau that have been identified as having tamariki/children at risk, using a holistic, kaupapa Māori approach to service delivery.
Our Social Worker outcomes are:
- To accurately assess the needs of children/tamariki at risk in the context of their families/whānau, schools and communities.
- To develop and manage social work plans in partnership with families/whānau.
- Early identification, intervention and education to reduce child abuse and family/whānau violence in the Nelson/Tasman region,
- Focus on social service needs for individual/whānau i.e. housing, finances, education, health, provide advocacy and liaise with other agencies as required.
- Identify individuals, families/whānau and communities that are vulnerable and provide advice, information, strategies for managing violence/stressful relationships, referrals, and build safe positive relationships to increase independence and well-being.
- Support clients to make sound decisions.
Our Social Worker supports whānau in an effective and timely manner to empower whānau to build on strengths and bring about positive change.